I’m trying to be super healthy at the moment and this week I have only had a couple of slip ups so far, one included a fraught afternoon which ended in a dalliance with a digestive biscuit, as you do. A healthy organic meal shouldn’t be hard to come by though!
I have really been enjoying trying some new recipes out and this dish is by far a winner here, so I thought I would share it with you. Get ready for a completely guilt-free, sugar-free supper that will not only satisfy but tick all the right boxes in the taste department too…
Recipe from Happy Sugar Habits (mentor me off sugar)-quantity of ingredients increased to feed my family of 5
650g mince lamb
zest of a lemon
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
small bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
courgetti ready spiralised it’s my new fav! This came from the Barfoots ‘Made with Love’ veg box
dash olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees/Gas 6
- Add mince lamb, 2 of the chopped garlic cloves, herbs and salt and pepper to a bowl.
- Mix together with your hands and form into balls.
- In a frying pan brown meatballs lightly in a little olive oil (I added this step to give the meatballs some colour but you could pop them straight in the oven)
- Once brown, transfer to a baking dish and cook in the oven for 15- 20 minutes.
- Stir-fry the courgetti for a few minutes
- Transfer to a plate and drizzle with a little lemon juice, place the meatballs on top.
I served this with some cherry tomatoes, cucumber and hummus with sprinkled parsley over the top for a garnish. It was a really delicious and satisfying meal. Let me know if you try this.