I love bringing my children up in Bristol, there are so many amazing activities and the city is such a vibrant and exciting and really family friendly place to live. One of our favourite places to visit in Bristol is the Zoo. I have memories of going as a child and of taking Lewis and Holly when they were small, as the years have gone by now we take little Rose along on our adventures too. In fact, if it wasn’t for the zoo I wouldn’t even be here as my parents met outside the penguin enclosure!
As well as the main Zoo in Clifton, we also have The Wild Place Project on our doorstep. It takes around 10 minutes to reach it from our house and it has become another firm favourite place to visit. Wild Place Project was opened by the Bristol Zoological Society with an emphasis on protecting threatened habitats in the UK and around the globe.
A couple of weeks ago we were invited by Trunki* to visit The Wild Place Project and find out more about the work they do there, specifically their appeal for a new Giraffe house. Giraffes are in serious danger in the wild and sadly they are disappearing at an alarming rate with a very real chance that they will become extinct. Their numbers have decreased rapidly over the last 15 years by almost 50% I was amazed to learn that there are actually fewer giraffes left in the wild than African elephants.
The Wild Place Project are aiming to protect giraffe, safeguarding a population in human care alongside a sustainable population in the wild.
What can we do to help the Giraffe House Appeal?
The brilliant people at Trunki have added a fantastic new Gerry the Giraffe design to the Trunki line-up and he is gorgeous, let me tell you! £5 from every single sale of this extra special Trunki will be donated to Bristol Zoological Society to help support the amazing conservation work they are doing. If you are looking for some awesome safari inspired ride on luggage then grab yourself a Gerry the Giraffe and don’t forget £5 will go straight to the appeal!
New Trunki for your little, new house for the giraffes. It’s win, win!
You can also help out the appeal by fundraising or donating, there are loads more details on The Wild Place Project website so check it out. They need to raise £750,000 so any help you can give would be brilliant. We can’t let these beautiful creatures become extinct.
We had an amazing day out with Trunki at The Wild Place Project you could easily spend a whole day there and it will be especially nice to pop back when it gets warmer and enjoy a picnic on the meadow and I really hope that one day soon there will be some giraffes to go and visit too.
Here’s a few snaps from our day out, Rose pulled her Gerry the Giraffe around the whole day, it was so cute!
Win a Trunki AND a family pass to The Wild Place Project
Trunki are so fab to work with and not only are they donating money from every sale of Gerry the Giraffe to the zoo they are also very generously offering one reader of Mr & Mrs T Plus Three the chance to win a Trunki of your choice as well as a family pass to The Wild Place Project which I think you’ll agree is a pretty amazing prize.
Just follow the instructions on the rafflecopter below for your chance to win. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and Conditions
- There is no cash alternative to the prize.
- There is one Trunki of your choosing and a family pass to The Wild Place Project as a prize.
- Please ensure to pick a Trunki that is in stock, if the Trunki you have chosen is not in stock an alternative design will be offered.
- This giveaway is open to UK entries only. Entrants must be age 18 or over.
- Entrants must enter using the rafflecopter embedded within this blog post.
- All entries will be checked.
- The fulfillment of the prize is the responsibility of the promotor: Trunki
- The winner will be chosen at random from valid entries.
- The winner will be informed by email or on Twitter and will need to respond within 1 week or a new winner may be drawn.
- Once drawn, the winner’s name will be displayed on the rafflecopter.
- Entry into the giveaway will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
*We were guests of Trunki at The Wild Place Project and were also gifted Trunki merchandise at the event.