Happy New Year! One of my resolutions is to switch the TV off and read more I seem to have fallen into the trap of half watching rubbish than expanding my mind through reading. I would read book after book when I was young. One of my favourite authors was Enid Blyton who is one of the world’s best-selling children’s authors. I absolutely loved the Famous Five and can remember how exciting and full of adventure the stories were.
I’d like to re-read them with my children and I think what I would enjoy most about the books today would be the pure, unadulterated and harmless fun. Sometimes our lives are too full of negativity, sharing these stories of carefree picnics and long summer days filled with excitement, will hopefully inspire adventure in my children just as the books did with me. The message of friendship, family and fun is a timeless value that I’m sure we all want our children to carry on.
The latest Enid Blyton annual is out now, the latest in a long line since 1957. To celebrate the continuing popularity of Enid Blyton’s stories, I would love to offer a festive bundle of Enid’s classics as a competition prize to one lucky reader all you need to do is enter on the rafflecopter below. Good luck!. Prize includes the following titles:
- The Famous Five: Five on a Treasure Island
- Enid Blyton’s Magical Treasury
- The Famous Five Annual 2016
- Enid Blyton’s Christmas Stories
- The Famous Five Colour Reads: Happy Christmas, Five!
More information on Enid Blyton and the book titles available at www.hodderchildrens.co.uk
12 days of Christmas giveaways so far:
Terms & Conditions
- There is one prize of a set of Enid Blyton books
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered
- This giveaway is open to UK entries only. Entrants must be age 18 or over
- Winner’s details will be passed to the promotor Enid Blyton Estate who are responsible for sending out the prize
- Entrants must enter using the rafflecopter embedded within this blog post
- All entries will be checked
- The winners will be chosen at random from valid entries
- The winners will be informed by email or on Twitter and will need to respond within 1 week or a new winner may be drawn
- Once drawn, the winners names will be displayed on the rafflecopter
- Entry into the giveaway will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions
Featured image credit-Betafilm.com