When I was a young girl my sister and I would cross the old railway line, hop over a gate, creep past the cows into a field with a hedgerow full of wild flowers and pick a bunch. We would then walk down the lane and into our grandmother’s garden, with her help cut the most beautiful pink roses to make our own special bouquet. This is probably one of my oldest and most fond memories from my childhood and I remember the excitement I felt in presenting our beautiful bounty.
My love of flowers stayed with me and my very first job aged 13, was in a flower shop on the corner of the high street. It was there that I decided gypsophila, pussy willow and pink roses were my favourites. I even ended up naming both of my girls after flowers: Holly and Rose (or flowering plants as is in Holly’s case!)
Safe to say flowers are one my most treasured gifts, that and a bottle inscribed with Chanel, of course <winks>
‘Beards & Daises – The Letterbox Florist’ provide a fuss free online shopping experience of locally sourced, fresh flowers. Prepared by a florist and beautifully wrapped in luxury packaging and delivered through the door, it’s as easy as receiving a letter and no need for the recipient to wait at home. You can give the gift of either a single Flowerbox or a 3-month subscription.
I was very lucky to be able to try a bouquet from Beards & Daisies just before Christmas and they are completely stunning. I was amazed at just how many flowers fit into a box that is small enough to be posted through the letterbox. It’s incredible, they are packed so cleverly, topping and tailing in the long cardboard box that once unfurled, each flower makes up a magnificent full bouquet.
There is also a card that comes in the box detailing each flower with a diagram and its name which is a lovely extra touch and appeals to the inner florist within me always willing to learn and discover more. There are also care instructions on the card and even some tips for arranging the flowers into a beautiful display.
How would you like to try them for yourself? I have a 3-month subscription to giveaway to one lucky reader. All you need to do is enter on the Rafflecopter below. Good luck this is a wonderful prize!
12 days of Christmas giveaways so far:
3-month subscription to Beards & Daisies
Terms & Conditions
- There is one 3-month subscription of to Beards & Daisies
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered
- This giveaway is open to UK entries only. Entrants must be age 18 or over
- Winner’s details will be passed to the promotor Beards & Daisies who are responsible for sending out the prize
- Entrants must enter using the rafflecopter embedded within this blog post
- All entries will be checked
- The winners will be chosen at random from valid entries
- The winners will be informed by email or on Twitter and will need to respond within 1 week or a new winner may be drawn
- Once drawn, the winners names will be displayed on the rafflecopter
- Entry into the giveaway will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions