It’s been a while since I’ve tried gin and have only ever had it with tonic water. Tanqueray London Dry got in touch to see if I’d like to try out their gin and gave me a few cocktail recipes to get creative with. I’ve had a few get-togethers over the festive period and it was great to impress my guests with my superb cocktail making skills (even if I do say so myself!) and let’s face it there’s something wonderfully decadent about this sophisticated drink and the heavy green glassed bottle with the red seal. I felt quite posh and grown up!
With the new year festivities looming here are a few cocktail recipes that will be sure to help you spread some juniper joy.
The Snowflake Ball
- 50ml Tanqueray London Dry Gin
- 15ml lemon juice
- 15ml lime juice
- an egg white
- 15ml double cream
- 3 dashes of orange flower water
- 15ml sugar syrup
- Cinnamon powder
- Top with soda
- add all ingredients but the soda to a shaker and half fill with cubed ice.
- Shake! And keep shaking until the ice has nearly all gone – strain into a hiball glass with no ice and top with soda until it begins to foam over the top of the glass.
- Garnish with cinnamon powder.
Winter Tanqueray Collins
- 50ml Tanqueray London Dry Gin
- 15ml Sugar Syrup
- Soda Water
- Whole Fresh Lemon
- Whole Fresh Pear
- Fill a hi-ball glass with ice cubes.
- Cut a fresh lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a shaker, add half a pear and muddle in the shaker.
- Pour in the Tanqueray and syrup and shake hard to break up the pear.
- Strain into the glass and top up with newly opened bottle of soda.
- Decorate with a lemon wedge and slice of pear.
Mulled Tanqueray Punch
- 35ml Tanqueray London Dry
- 60ml Pressed Apple Juice
- 25ml Spiced Sugar Syrup
- 15ml Fresh Lemon Juice
- Cinnamon stick
- Whole Fresh Apple
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and add cloves, cinnamon and orange peel
- Heat up and serve into a latte glass with a clove-studded apple slice.
Tanqueray London Dry Gin £26.60 (1L bottle) available from Waitrose
The lovely people at Tanqueray gin would love for you to try out some cocktails and are offering one lucky reader a bottle of Tanqueray London Dry Gin and an exclusive Smythson notebook (which includes Tanqueray recipes in the front) just enter on the Rafflecopter below, good luck and cheers!
12 days of Christmas giveaways so far:
A bottle of Tanqueray Gin and a Smythson notebook
Terms & Conditions
- There is one prize of a bottle of Tanqueray gin and a Smythson notebook
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered
- This giveaway is open to UK entries only. Entrants must be age 18 or over
- Winner’s details will be passed to the promotor Tanqueray who are responsible for sending out the prize
- Entrants must enter using the rafflecopter embedded within this blog post
- All entries will be checked
- The winners will be chosen at random from valid entries
- The winners will be informed by email or on Twitter and will need to respond within 1 week or a new winner may be drawn
- Once drawn, the winners names will be displayed on the rafflecopter
- Entry into the giveaway will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions