Lots of children are back to school this week or next so with that in mind I wanted to share my quick and easy breakfast loaf recipe.
I love to be prepared and like a bit of variety throughout the week so I usually bake a breakfast batch of goodies to break up the monotony of toast or cereal. This breakfast loaf is simple to put together and contains no added sugar. It’s whole grain so really good for you and the kids will love it too.
You can even cut a slice and eat on the way to school if you’re running late!
Ingredients whole grain apple and cinnamon breakfast loaf
- 4 apples, cored and blitzed in food processor (or you could grate them) plus some slices for decoration
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup plus extra for drizzling
- 2 cups wholemeal plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp cinnamon plus extra for dusting
You will also need a loaf tin, lined with baking paper and your oven preheated to 180 degrees/Gas mark 4.
- Blitz your apples in a food processor and then add all the other ingredients.
- Give a quick whiz until ingredients just combined and then transfer to your loaf tin.
- Take your slices of apple and place on the top of the mixture, sprinkle the cinnamon over and drizzle on some maple syrup. Bake in the oven for around an hour, until a skewer inserted comes out clean. It really is as simple as that.
The apples make this such a delicious and moist bake. It can be eaten just as it is, or lightly toasted and spread with a little marmalade.