If you follow me on social media you will know that operation kitchen demolition is well underway. As exciting as this is it has left me with a couple of dilemmas; how do we still eat delicious home cooked food when there is next to no space to prepare anything and all I have is one working gas hob?! Step in Schwartz* to save the day with their delicious korma spice blend a firm favourite in the Treasure household and a curry that everyone can enjoy, even little Rose.
You know what’s incredible is that even the fussiest of eaters will most likely eat and enjoy the food they’ve helped to prepare? I do try and encourage the children to get creative in the kitchen for this exact reason. This week I handed the reins over to Holly and Rose and between them they cooked up a wonderful chicken korma with the help of Schwartz korma spice blend, here’s a short video showing how they got on.
Schwartz chicken korma recipe
- 3 tbs Schwartz Korma Curry Spice Blend
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 175g (6oz) natural yoghurt
- 450g (1lb) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 150ml (¼ pint) single cream
- 150ml (¼ pint) water
- 50g (2oz) ground almonds
- Blend 1 tbs Korma Spice Blend with lemon juice and yoghurt. Add chicken, cover and leave to marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes, or for best results overnight.
- Heat oil in a large pan, fry onion gently until softened, but not browned. Add remaining 2 tbs Korma Spice Blend and cook for 1 minute to release the flavours. Add marinated chicken and fry for 3-4 minutes, until sealed.
- Add cream, water and ground almonds and mix thoroughly. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Remove lid and cook for a further 10-15 minutes, until sauce thickens. Season to taste.
Find the original recipe and lots more ideas and inspiration on the Schwartz website.
It really is as simple as following three easy steps to make a perfect and delicious home cooked curry (even in a makeshift kitchen!) Why not get your kids involved and let them get creative in the kitchen with Schwartz, we had so much fun making ours.
Let me know your favourite Schwartz spice blend in the comments below.
*In collaboration with Schwartz0