I’ve been meaning to write this for ages, mostly because I like finding out what other perfume people like so I’m hoping for some recommendations in the comments.
I love perfume and I wear it every day. I have lots of bottles; some I’ve been using for years but I like to try new ones too. This is by no means an exhaustive list because to be fair I could probably do a top twenty list easily but I’ve whittled it down to just six.
- Chanel Coco Mademoiselle-this is my all time favourite perfume and this particular bottle is very special to me because my sister bought it for me. I love receiving perfume as gifts and so she or my husband would never be stuck with knowing what to get me. Chanel Coco Mademoiselle just smells expensive to me and I love the depth and sexiness to it.
- Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess-this is summer in a bottle, it smells quite strongly of coconut on me but I’ve also heard it described as being quite a green fresh scent perfect for sunny days or holidays and a massive bottle too.
- Prada Candy-I love this, it smells like caramel apples and popcorn but in a grown up sort of way. I will never grow tired of this scent. I also have the eau de toilette version but it’s very different and suits someone younger so I gave it to my oldest daughter Holly and she saves it for special occasions.
- Agent Provocateur Eau Emotionnelle-on first spray this is super flowery but it dries down into something much more sophisticated than that. A true boudoir scent and one I love to use on a night out.
- Lancome La Vie Est Belle-Gorgoeus, this is the perfume you can smell as you pass the Lancome counter! It’s much headier than the rest of their range and is very very sweet. It can be over powering so use with caution so as not to smell too sickly sweet but I always get compliments when I wear this.
- Miss Dior Cherie-Dior are constantly changing this scent and I wish they would leave it alone. This particular bottle is almost, but not quite as nice as the version I’ve had previously. Sadly discontinued now and replaced by plain old Miss Dior-I have it but it’s not quite the same. The original Miss Dior Cherie had more orange blossom but this one is still very nice. Dior do some lovely perfumes and are almost on a par with Chanel.
Perfume can be an extravagance but for me worth every penny. I usually save up all of my Boots points and add a new bottle to my arsenal every now and then but there are some fabulous places online to stock up too. I managed to find a huge bottle of the Agent Provocateur from Direct Cosmetics and it only cost around £20.00 what a bargain!
So that’s a small introduction to my perfume collection. I would genuinely like to hear about your favourites so please leave your recommendations in the comments below!