This is such a simple spaghetti dish and one that requires little effort and very few ingredients. I could personally eat spaghetti plain and just drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper but this sun-dried tomato pasta dish comes a close second for it’s simplicity and authentic taste.
200g dried spaghetti
splash of olive oil
small jar of sun-dried tomatoes
1 medium red onion
small handful of basil
glug of balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper to taste
parmesan to finish
- heat a splash of olive oil in a pan, dice onion and roughly chop sun dried tomatoes and add to oil
- cook until softened
- meanwhile cook spaghetti in a pan of salted boiling water for approx 9 mins
- once sun-dried tomatoes and onion have softened add a good glug of balsamic vinegar to the pan and cook away for another few minutes.
- add the cooked spaghetti straight to the pan and toss everything together
- stir through fresh basil, season and finish with a sprinkling of parmesan