On September 25 2015, 193 world leaders will commit to 17 Global Goals for sustainable development to achieve 3 extraordinary things in the next 15 years.
- End extreme poverty
- Fight inequality and injustice
- Fix climate change
If the goals are met, they ensure the health, safety and future of the planet for everyone on it, but if the goals are to be achieved, everyone needs to know about them. You can’t fight for your rights if you don’t know what they are.
The ambition of Project Everyone (founded by Richard Curtis) is to share the Global Goals with everyone on the planet. They (we) want to tell 7 billion people in 7 days! The seven days will be called Global Goals week and it is from Saturday 26th September to Friday 2nd October 2015.
They are using every channel available to tell everyone about the goals: digital, radio, TV, mobile, schools, games, faith and music. There are 3bn+ people online and they want our help to reach them.
Web giants like Google and Wikipedia are on board. They need each one of us too.
Will you help?
The more famous these global goals are, and the more widely they are understood by everyone – the more politicians will take them seriously, finance them properly, refer to them frequently and make them work.
Arming everyone with the knowledge of the global goals means that we are all able to hold leaders accountable for the future of our planet.
We can be the first generation to end extreme poverty, the most determined generation in history to end injustice and inequality, and the last generation to be threatened by climate change.
Here are all 16 of The Global Goals:
1. NO POVERTY: End poverty in all its forms everywhere
2. NO HUNGER: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
3. GOOD HEALTH: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
4. QUALITY EDUCATION: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
5. GENDER EQUALITY: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
6. CLEAN WATER AND SANITATION: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
7. MODERN ENERGY: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
8. GOOD JOBS AND ECONOMIC GROWTH: Promote sustained inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
9. INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE: Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
10. REDUCED INEQUALITIES: Reduce inequalities within and among countries
11. SUSTAINABLE CITIES AND COMMUNITIES: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
12. RESPONSIBLE CONSUMPTION: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
13. CLIMATE ACTION: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
14. LIFE BELOW WATER: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
15. LIFE ABOVE WATER: Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
16. PEACE AND JUSTICE: Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
17. PARTNERSHIPS FOR THE GOALS: Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
Which goal will you chose? What resonates the most with YOU? I am choosing Goal #4 Quality Education: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
You’ve chosen your goal, now what?
Go crazy and share this image all across your social media channels:
Twitter – “I’m passionate to #telleveryone about @TheGlobalGoals Visit http://goo.gl/hFcr4x & now you take a selfie & share”
FaceBook – “I’m passionate to #telleveryone about @TheGlobalGoals. My goal is (insert your goal here) Visit http://goo.gl/hFcr4x for more information & now you take a selfie & share the goal you want to see realised”
Change your social media avatars
On Saturday 26th September 2015 we want as many people as possible to change their social media avatars to their selfie. Tell everyone you know which goal you have chosen to support and encourage them to make their choice and upload their own selfie too.
Remember the more people that know about this, the more we can hold global leaders accountable!
This is your opportunity to make a real difference. Tell everyone. Make it count.
More information here: