Easter Egg Cheesecake
Servings: 9 people
Easter egg meets cheesecake in this outrageously decadent dessert. Chocolate Easter eggs with a crumbly Lotus biscoff biscuit mixture and stuffed to the brim with no-bake cheesecake filling. Topped off with Easter treats this is an Easter EGGSTRAVAGANZA!
- 3 Easter Egg Shells (1.5 medium Easter eggs)
- 100 g Lotus Biscoff biscuits
- 25 g unsalted butter melted
- 340 g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 50 g caster sugar
- juice of half a lemon
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 ml double cream
- 50 g dark chocolate melted
- Easter treats for topping
Blitz the Biscoff biscuits in a food processor or put them into a ziplock bag and bash them up with a rolling pin. Melt the butter in the microwave (this takes about a minute) and pour it into the crushed biscuits and mix well.
Use a sharp knife to cut the Easter eggs in half.
Add the biscuit mixture inside the Easter eggs filling them about a third of the way. Press the mixture down and smooth it gently with the back of a spoon. Put the eggs into the fridge while you make the filling.
Put the cream cheese and caster sugar into a mixing bowl and beat well. You can use a handheld electric whisk or beat it by hand. Pour in the lemon juice and vanilla extract and beat together. Next, pour in the double cream and beat until the mixture thickens.
Set aside a third of the mixture. Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave and pour it into the cheesecake mixture beating well until fully incorporated.
Take the Easter eggs out of the fridge and fill them with cheesecake mixture. Smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Put the cheesecake filled easter eggs back into the fridge for an hour.
Add the toppings to your Easter Egg Cheesecake and serve.
- Use room temperature full-fat cream cheese
- Use cold double cream straight from the fridge otherwise, it will be difficult to whip.
- If making ahead follow the recipe to Step Six and decorate just before serving. You can store the cheesecake filled Easter Eggs in the fridge for 3 days before you need them.
- Storage: Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 3 days.
Calories: 470kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 903IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1mg