Easter Chocolate Bark
Servings: 10 treat bags
Colourful Chocolate Bark topped with Easter treats.
- 360 g Cadbury Dairy Milk
- 10 marhmallow bunnies (or use regular marshmallows)
- 5 mini Malteser Bunnies
- 80 mini eggs I used Cadbury, Smartie and Galaxy mini eggs
Fill a saucepan a third full with water and bring it to a simmer. Place a heatproof bowl on top of the saucepan. Break the chocolate into pieces and put them into the heatproof bowl. Stir with a spatula until the chocolate has melted.
Pour the melted chocolate onto a silicone baking mat or into a tray with greaseproof paper. Smooth the chocolate out with a spatula. Add the Easter toppings and sprinkles while the chocolate is still melted.
Put the chocolate into the fridge to set for one - two hours. When the chocolate has set, remove it from the fridge and break it into pieces using your hands. Divide the chocolate pieces between 10 treat bags and tie them up with ribbon.
- You can substitute the milk chocolate for dark or white chocolate
- Microwaving chocolate, especially the white variety can cause it to seize.
- I recommend you melt the chocolate using the Double Boiler (Bain Marie) method for a smoothly melted chocolate that won't seize.
- This recipe is for Easter Chocolate Bark however, you can change up the toppings to turn it into Christmas bark, Valentine's bark, Mother's day bark or any other chocolate bark you can think of!
- Storage: Store in a cool dark place. Wrapped in cellophane bags this chocolate bark will last for several months.