15 Minute Vegan Pad Thai
A healthy and versatile Vegan Pad Thai using rainbow vegetables and finished with a crunchy peanut topping. On the table in only 15 minutes!
- 200 g dry rice noodles (For pre-cooked noodles follow the instructions on the packet)
- 2 tbs groundnut oil
- 2 carrots shaved into ribbons with a veg peeler
- 130 g baby corn
- 100 g purple sprouting broccoli (any broccoli will do!)
- 1 handful curly kale
- 250 g pak choi sliced in half down the middle
- 75 g mangetout sliced in half
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 50 g unsalted peanuts blitzed or crushed
- 1 lime cut into 4 wedges
- 1 handful corinader (cilantro)
- 2 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 1 red chilli finely sliced
- 6 tbs tamarind
- 2 tbs tamari
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs maple syrup
Prepare the noodles as per the instructions on the packet.
Once the noodles are cooked drain them, rinse in cold water and set aside.
Prepare veg by peeling the carrots, slicing the onion and pepper into thin strips and cut the mangetout in half. Slice the larger leaves from the pak choi and cut the pak choi hearts in two down the middle.
Heat a tablespoon of oil in a wok or large frying pan until smoking hot. Add the vegetables and stir-fry for two to three minutes. Once cooked, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Add all the sauce ingredients to a jar and shake to combine. If you don't have a jar handy add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk with a fork to combine.
Heat another tablespoon of oil in the wok and add the drained noodles. Add the sauce and heat through for 1 minute.
Add the vegetables to the wok and toss everything together with tongs for a minute or so.
Divide between 4 plates and add the blitzed peanuts, lime wedges and coriander on top
- You can use white or brown rice noodles for this recipe
- Substitute any of the vegetables for whatever you have in the fridge
- Don't overcook or it will be too soggy, cook it for two minutes less than you usually would for an authentic crunchy Pad Thai with just the right amount of 'sticky'
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 232mg | Potassium: 188mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2470IU | Vitamin C: 38.6mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 0.6mg