Popcorn Rocky Road
Servings: 16 pieces
Sweet, chocolatey and a little bit salty. Popcorn Rocky Road is the ultimate easy treat for bake sales, parties or snack time.
- 200 g Rich Tea biscuits
- 100 g mini marshmallows
- 100 g glaće cherries
- 100 g sweet and salted popcorn plus 2 handfuls
- 100 g Cadbury Bournville dark chocolate
- 100 g Cadbury dairy milk chocolate
- 135 g unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- sprinkles optional
Begin by lining a 20cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
Bash up the rich tea biscuits, you can do this by adding them to a zip lock bag and using a rolling pin. Or you can put them into a bowl a few at a time and bash them up with a wooden spoon. You're looking for a combination of crumbs and larger pieces of biscuit.
Add the crushed biscuits, marshmallows, glaće cherries, and popcorn into a large mixing bowl and give it all a good mix up.
Cut the dark and milk chocolate into small pieces and put them in a saucepan with the butter and golden syrup. Melt together over a very low heat.
Add the dry ingredients to the melted chocolate in batches, mixing to coat everything really well.
Put a layer of popcorn into the baking tin then add the rocky road mixture on top, pressing down firmly with a spoon.
Press a few sprinkles on top and another handful of popcorn.
Put the popcorn rocky road into the fridge for a couple of hours. Once set, cut into squares and enjoy!
- You can use any type of popcorn you like, salted caramel, toffee coated or plain air-popped will work just as well.
- Remember to heat the chocolate, butter and syrup on a very low heat or it will seize. If this happens, remove from the heat and beat in a teaspoon of boiling water until it looks smooth.
- Popcorn Rocky Road will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for at least a week but it doesn't freeze well.
- Popcorn Rocky Road tastes better eaten at room temperature.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 6mg | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 211IU | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg