Rocky Road with Turkish Delight and Pistachios
Servings: 16 squares
A really easy no-bake rocky road recipe that uses Turkish Delight and Pistachio nuts as the star ingredients. This has to be THE BEST Rocky Road I’ve ever tasted: crunchy, chocolatey, salty and sweet - these bars have it all!
- 200 g Digestive biscuits crushed
- 100 g mini marshmallows
- 50 g salted pistachios shelled
- 153 g Turkish Delight 3 small bars, chopped
- 100 g milk chocolate
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 135 g unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 102 g Turkish Delight 2 small bars, chopped
- handful salted pistachios shelled
- icing sugar to dust
Bash up the Digestive biscuits with a rolling pin - you are aiming for some boulders, small pieces and a little fine crumb.
Add the crushed biscuits, mini marshmallows, pistachios, and chopped Turkish Delight into a large bowl and give everything a good mix.
Add the milk and dark chocolate, butter and golden syrup to a saucepan and heat very gently until everything has melted.
Tip the crushed biscuits etc into the melted chocolate. Add it in stages and coat it with the chocolatey mixture really well before adding more.
Transfer the Rocky Road mixture to a lined 20cm square baking tin and press down with the back of a spoon.
Add the extra Turkish Delight and a handful of pistachios on top of the Rocky Road mixture pressing down with the back of a spoon.
Chill the baking tin in the fridge for a couple of hours until the Rocky Road has set.
Once set, slice into squares using a sharp knife and dust with icing sugar to serve.
- Avoid blitzing the biscuits in a food processor: instead, bash them with a rolling pin so you have a variety of sizes - large, small and some crumbs.
- If you don't have a 20cm square tin you can use any size but bear in mind your Rocky Road will be deeper or thinner depending on which tin you use.
- When the Rocky Road has set hard cut it using a very sharp knife. I like to run the knife under a hot tap in between each cut so that I get clean and even squares.
- Rocky Road can be eaten straight from the fridge but I think it tastes better brought to room temperature first.
- Rocky Road will keep refrigerated or in an airtight container for at least two weeks.
- Rocky Road freezes well for up to 3 months.
Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 68mg | Potassium: 111mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 219IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 2mg