Extra Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Servings: 10 slices
This moist chocolate chip banana bread is loaded with flavour and packed with melted choc chips. Made in one bowl this easy and delicious loaf will take no longer than 10 minutes to prepare. It seriously is the best recipe there is!
- 3 large bananas about 395g
- 110 g unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 130 g greek yoghurt
- 50 g soft brown sugar
- 100 g caster sugar
- 250 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 150 g milk or dark chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 160ºC/ 140ºC Fan/ Gas mark 3/ 320ºF Grease and line a 2lb (900g) loaf tin.
Mash the bananas with a fork and add them to a bowl along with the melted butter, eggs and greek yogurt. Mix to combine then tip in the sugars and whisk thoroughly.
Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl then use a spatula to combine the ingredients until the flour is only just moistened. Take care not to overmix.
Reserve a handful of chocolate chips and pour the rest into the banana bread mixture. Use a metal spoon to fold the chocolate chips very gently into the mixture.
Transfer the mixture into the loaf tin then sprinkle over the reserved chocolate chips. Bake in the centre of the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
Tips for making the best choc chip banana bread
- Ripe bananas are a must for flavour and sweetness.
- Use a fork to mash the bananas but don't worry if there are a few lumps as that adds to the overall texture of the bread.
- A mixture of white and brown sugar lends a richness to banana bread.
- Using melted butter and greek yoghurt produces a soft, moist crumb.
- Thoroughly mix the wet ingredients but when it's time to add the dry ingredients use a spatula to fold everything together but do not overmix or your bread will be tough.
- Line your baking tin with baking paper and grease it with cake release or butter.
- Take care not to over bake or the loaf will be dry.
- Add foil on top of the banana bread during baking if the top is looking too brown.
- To serve you can enjoy it plain or spread with a little butter/peanut butter for an extra treat!
- Storage: Wrap in cling film or keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 5 days. Freezes well for up to 3 months.
Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 224mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 358IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg