Galaxy Caramel Cheesecake
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Setting time: 6 hours
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 14 slices
Wickedly decadent and outrageously delicious this no-bake Galaxy Caramel Cheesecake is out of this world!
- 250 g Lotus Biscoff Biscuits crushed
- 100 g unsalted butter melted
- 680 g cream cheese
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 220 g Galaxy chocolate melted
- 400 ml double cream
- 135 g Galaxy Caramel chopped
- 200 ml double cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 80 g Galaxy Minstrels
- 15 pieces Galaxy Caramel
To make the cheesecake base
Put the lotus biscuits into a ziplock bag then bash the biscuits into crumbs using a rolling pin.
Add the melted butter to the biscuit crumbs and mix to combine.
Transfer the biscuit base mixture to the baking tin, press down and smooth the base then put the tin into the fridge while you make the filling.
To make the cheesecake filling
Put the cream cheese into a large mixing bowl, add the icing sugar and vanilla extract, whisk until smooth.
Add an inch of water to a saucepan and position a heatproof bowl over the top (double boiler method). Cut the Galaxy chocolate into small pieces and put them into the bowl to melt.
Once melted, pour the chocolate into the cream cheese mixture and whisk until combined.
Slowly add the double cream and whisk until the mixture is very thick and holding its shape. This will take 3-4 minutes using a handheld electric whisk.
Chop the Galaxy Caramel into small pieces and gently fold them into the cheesecake mixture using a spatula.
Take the cheesecake base out of the fridge and pile the filling on top, smooth over with a spatula. Cover with cling film and leave to set in the fridge for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.
To decorate and serve
When the cheesecake has set (there will still be a slight wobble), remove it from the tin by pushing from underneath. Transfer the cheesecake to a serving plate and decorate the top with a spiral of Galaxy Minstrels.
For cream swirls, whisk the double cream until thick then add the icing sugar. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe swirls on top of the cheesecake using the Wilton 8B piping tip.
Finally, decorate the cheesecake by adding a piece of Galaxy Caramel on top of each cream swirl and serve immediately.
- Use full fat cream cheese or your cheesecake won't set
- I used a Wilton 8B piping nozzle to add a swirl, to do this just hold the piping bag directly above the cheesecake and squeeze drawing the piping bag up as you go until you get the desired height.
- If you can't get Lotus Biscoff biscuits then plain digestives would be great or Graham Crackers for my US friends.
- Freeze before decorating with cream/Galaxy toppings for 1 month
- Leftover cheesecake will keep well in the fridge for 3 days
- Remember: The dye on the Minstrels will run once they've been sitting on the cheesecake for about 8 hours. If you're not serving immediately after decorating I recommend not using the Minstrels.
Calories: 613kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 173mg | Potassium: 99mg | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1461IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg