I was reading the lovely Belle du Brighton blog and saw that she had tagged everyone reading the post to join in with The New Year tag so thank you Lauren! I also nominate anyone reading this who hasn't been tagged and had a chance to join in yet!
7 facts about me:
- I play classical and jazz piano but it has taken a bit of a back seat to blogging lately as I find it near on impossible to fit everything in. I love having my piano in my dining room though and quite often go have a tinkle to break up my working day.
- I've always ridden horses and Mr T grew up owning and riding horses so about 5 years ago he bought me one called Esther. Sadly, after a year of living my dream I fell off and broke my back. Esther was sold shortly after as I had completely lost my confidence and I have only ridden a couple of times since. I was out of action for a while but I am ok now!
- In a moment of madness last year, I signed up for a half marathon which takes place on 1st March 2015 in nearby Bath. So far I have only been running outside twice, which is a major eeeek. I am quite fit though so hopefully if I start training now I will be able to do it.
- I am a quarter French and a quarter Welsh-on my Dad's side and half English-my Mum obvs! I've always been really proud to be a little bit French/Welsh :)
- I once waitressed at a castle in my home town, near Bristol. I met and spent the day with Jason Orange, this was in the 90s at the height of Take That's mania. He was a guest at Michaela Strachen's wedding and it is literally my claim to fame and I tell everyone, usually at parties and Mr T just rolls his eyes haha!
- I love facts and have a real knack for remembering things including actors' names and can always tell you the names of the actors in films even if they're not that famous (it's a skill, you're welcome family)
- My favourite book is the dictionary.
What was your highlight of 2014?
Gosh this is a really hard one, I have loads of highlights in my life which usually involve the kids but I would have to say it's been watching Mr T's business going from strength to strength. He's worked so hard at building it up over the years and 2014 was a good year for him.
What are you excited for in 2015?
We're hoping to move somewhere bigger sometime this year so that will definitely be a massive deal if we can find the right house.
Any new year resolutions?
Yes! I am the type of person who makes resolutions and one of them is to maintain my health and fitness for a whole year #52HealthyWeeks. I also have a lot of blog-related goals and would really like to make my blog amazing and make lots of new blogging friends and I can't wait to go to some conferences like BritMums live.
Changing the design and layout of my blog has been massive for me. The move from Blogger to Self-hosted WordPress has been so worth it and I'm loving it. I also get really flattered when companies want to work with me and my biggest blogging high has been featuring in a video for City and Guilds and also talking on the radio. I couldn't really believe it was happening.
Picture of the year?
Well I would love for this to be a shot of the whole family, but my teenagers think featuring on my blog is seriously lame/embarrassing which is why you don't see many pics of the older ones. My favourite picture this year is of Rose in the middle of a deserted pathway at the local country park. She is still my most willing subject!
Happy New Year everyone! I look forward to reading your posts too :)
You Baby Me Mummy
I LOVE this huni! Firstly the piano, wow! I can only imagine being that talented. Then the horses, I used to be a dressage rider, trainer and judge, until I retired due to my knackered back! I adore your favourite picture. I hope 2015 is amazing for you and your family and can't wait to meet you. Thanks for linking to #TheList xxx
I knew you had horses Aby but didn't know it was to this level-we really have this in common. I used to love dressage. I seriously can not wait to meet you Aby, it's going to be so exciting xxx