This Vegan Pad Thai is so quick and simple to prepare. It's packed full of flavour and a colourful array of wholesome rainbow vegetables, and it only takes 15 minutes to make!
We are vegetarians that try and eat vegan 80% of the time in order to stay fit and healthy. One of my favourite vegan dishes to make is Pad Thai because it's just so easy to substitute the non-vegan ingredients for extra vegetables and omit the fish sauce.
Pad thai (or Phad Thai) is a stir-fried rice noodle dish commonly served as a street food in Thailand. When my husband visited Thailand he told me he ate it by the bucket load and whenever I cook a Pad Thai he tells me the smell of the kitchen instantly takes him back to the hot and sweaty streets of Thailand. I'm kind of taking that as a compliment to my culinary skills and not a hint that our kitchen stinks...
Vegan Pad Thai is the perfect mid-week dinner because it's so unbelievably quick plus it's a really well balanced and healthy meal. I added a few lightly fried Gyozu dumplings on the side for a treat which is totally optional, of course. You can sub the vegetables for whatever you have in the fridge swapping out different coloured peppers, adding mushrooms or shredded cabbage. It's that versatile. Just do whatever works for you.
Are you ready to get this tasty and delicious dish on your table in 15 minutes?
Hello salty, spicy, crunchy, sweet awesomeness!
15 Minute Vegan Pad Thai
A healthy and versatile Vegan Pad Thai using rainbow vegetables and finished with a crunchy peanut topping. On the table in only 15 minutes!
- 200 g dry rice noodles, (For pre-cooked noodles follow the instructions on the packet)
- 2 tbs groundnut oil
- 2 carrots, shaved into ribbons with a veg peeler
- 130 g baby corn
- 100 g purple sprouting broccoli , (any broccoli will do!)
- 1 handful curly kale
- 250 g pak choi, sliced in half down the middle
- 75 g mangetout, sliced in half
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 50 g unsalted peanuts , blitzed or crushed
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 handful corinader, (cilantro)
- 2 cloves garlic , finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 6 tbs tamarind
- 2 tbs tamari
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- Prepare the noodles as per the instructions on the packet.
- Once the noodles are cooked drain them, rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Prepare veg by peeling the carrots, slicing the onion and pepper into thin strips and cut the mangetout in half. Slice the larger leaves from the pak choi and cut the pak choi hearts in two down the middle.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a wok or large frying pan until smoking hot. Add the vegetables and stir-fry for two to three minutes. Once cooked, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a jar and shake to combine. If you don't have a jar handy add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk with a fork to combine.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in the wok and add the drained noodles. Add the sauce and heat through for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetables to the wok and toss everything together with tongs for a minute or so.
- Divide between 4 plates and add the blitzed peanuts, lime wedges and coriander on top
- You can use white or brown rice noodles for this recipe
- Substitute any of the vegetables for whatever you have in the fridge
- Don't overcook or it will be too soggy, cook it for two minutes less than you usually would for an authentic crunchy Pad Thai with just the right amount of 'sticky'
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 124Total Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 232mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
If you love vegan food, why not check out this amazing vegan bolognese with a walnut pesto and heritage tomatoes. It is way BETTER than the traditional version, I promise!
Gosh that sounds good! Would you believe I've never had pad Thai before? I need to remedy this!
Thank you. Oh my gosh you need to try it!
This looks absolutely heavenly! Such a gorgeous plate of food!!
Thanks so much!
This looks SO good. Colorful, healthy, and fresh. I just love Thai food - thanks for a great recipe!
Absolute pleasure thanks so much for stopping by :)
Dawn - Girl Heart Food
You can never go wrong with pad Thai or a meal that takes only 15 minutes to make! Love the peanuts on top - nice touch :)
Thank you! The peanuts are such a tasty addition:)
Tina Dawson | Love is in my Tummy
Vegan Pad Thai sounds divine - while I always loved the flavors, the fish sauce rubbed me the wrong way. This is just perfection! Can't wait to try, thanks!
I hope you love it as much as we do :)
Dominique | Perchance to Cook
Wow this pad thai has so much flavor!! And major points for a 15 minute meal. This is being added to my weekly rotation. :)
Yay fab news! It’s so quick and easy to prepare :)
Elaine @ Dishes Delish
I too try to eat vegetarian and vegan! I adore pad Thai and want to make your delicious recipe! It looks fresh, delicious and easy! Perfect for a weeknight meal!
I hope you enjoy it, Elaine!
Now that is a gorgeous plate of pad thai. I love the sound of 15 minutes. I'm not fond of fish sauce normally so this would work great for me. Thanks
I’m the same with fish sauce - this is a great alternative!
I've never had Thai and this dish looks so colorful and tasty. Such amazing flavors!
We aren't vegans but the Pad Thai looks perfectly satisfying. I do like the idea of eating more veggies instead of filling up on meat. And yes, I'm sure your husband meant the wonderful aroma vs. the smell.
This looks so fresh, definitely going to try this. I cook Asian cuisine a lot and love the vegan version, so very creative. Thanks for sharing this.
I seriously love all the vegetables you have in this recipe! I'm always looking for high fiber recipes! I don't make a lot of vegan or vegetarian recipes, but this one looks amazing! I'm going to have to give it a try!
Really loving that this recipe is not only vegan, but also only takes 15 minutes to make! Looks delicious!
Jessica (Swanky Recipes)
There is this Thai restaurant in New Orleans that serves the best dishes and I cannot get enough of them. I've made a few homemade versions but haven't found the right recipe. We'll give this one a try next!
I love me some pad Thai and I love that it can be made in under 15 minutes! Everyone has 15 minutes in their day to prep a tasty meal such as this! Well done!
LOVE this vegan version of Pad Thai! Looks so hearty and delicious even though it's meat-free!
Is the tamarind a paste or ground powder?
Excited to try this!
Hey Christina! It's a paste. Hope you love the pad thai it's something we have on rotation here. So yummy!