Zero fuss Weight Watchers Pizza Tortillas on the table in under 40 minutes. Crispy, thin-crust pizzas that satisfy fast food cravings and are a meal the whole family will devour!
I remember the first time I discovered I could knock up pizzas in a matter of minutes simply by spreading a bit of tomato puree or pesto on to the back of pitta bread. GAMECHANGER! What would I do with all the extra time I saved from slaving over pizza dough?
Sit down for five minutes and have a cuppa, that’s what.
This week I’ve declared pizza tortillas are the new pizza pittas – they look prettier because they’re round like actual pizza, cook in half the time of my pitta version and have a satisfying crispy crunch that I love.
Homemade Pizza Sauce
Making the pizza sauce is a bit more time intensive than spreading on tomato puree but creating your own sauce from scratch gives the depth of flavour you expect from a delicious pizza and it’s really worth making the effort. Plus you’ll likely have the ingredients to make the sauce in your fridge right now.
Spicy tomato homemade arrabbiata sauce is topped with yellow pepper and mozzarella balls to create this deliciously easy pizza.
Oh and these Weight Watchers Pizza Tortillas are only 6 SmartPoints each. What the hey?! It’s pizza, but not as you know it.
Read on folks…
- calorie controlled cooking oil spray
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 red chilli deseeded and finely sliced
- 200 g passata
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 4 Weight Watchers tortilla wraps
- 125 g light mozarella (I used small balls but one big ball sliced into rounds would work too)
- 1 yellow pepper sliced into strips
- 1 green chilli
- handful fresh rocket leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C Fan/ Gas 6 and prepare two oven trays lined with baking paper.
- Mist a frying pan with cooking oil spray and cook the onion over a medium heat for about 5 minutes or until soft
- Add the garlic and chilli and cook for a further minute. Add the passata and half the oregano and simmer on a low heat for around 12 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thickened enough to be spread.
- Put the wraps on the baking sheets and spread over the sauce leaving a slight gap around the edges. Top with the mozzarella, pepper and remaining oregano. Bake for around 12 minutes until crisp and the mozzarella is melted.
- To serve top with a few chilli slices and rocket leaves.
If you try these Weight Watchers Pizza Tortillas, let me know. Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me @amytreasureblog on Instagram so I can see it!