Jaffa Cake Brownies are the ultimate fudgy, gooey brownies. Made with melted dark chocolate, cocoa powder and stuffed with Jaffa Cakes these triple chocolate brownies are a total gamechanger!
What's better than the world's best brownie? Add Jaffa Cakes into the mix and you're on to something really special.
Jaffa Cakes are one of my favourite biscuits and they ARE biscuits by the way -- even though they have a soft 'bottom' but let's leave the biscuits versus cake argument for another day...
Jaffa Cakes are hands down one of the tastiest sweet treats. The sponge, followed by orange jelly encased in milk chocolate are three of my favourite things all rolled into one. And I love the Jaffa Cake/Brownie combo.
I know you'll love it too.
So these chocolate brownies are already pretty amazing in their own right. What's not to love about the fudgiest, gooiest, chewiest brownie on earth?
Finding an amazing brownie recipe is like hitting the jackpot. The bonus is these Jaffa Cake Brownies are so quick and easy to make.
6 tricks for perfect brownies
- Good quality dark chocolate
The type of chocolate you use is important. It has to be good quality dark chocolate - around 70% cocao. Full-bodied chocolate like this is strong and intense without being overpowering.
- Fudgy dense brownies that ooze when you squeeze
For gooey brownies, you'll need to add more butter, eggs and melted chocolate than flour and cocoa powder.
- A little bit of oil goes a long way
I learnt the oil trick from Karina at Cafe Delites. She explains that the addition of oil is what keeps the brownie centres "extremely fudgy" and she is spot on.
- Technique, technique, technique
Whisk the eggs and sugar really REALLY well until the mixture is frothy and tiny bubbles appear on the surface. Then, using a metal spoon stir the melted butter and chocolate into the mixture in large, looping exaggerated movements. Lastly, fold in the flour and cocoa powder carefully. Treat the brownie mixture as gently as you would a chocolate ticking time bomb!
- Add in something special
In our case the star of the show: Jaffa Cakes. YUM! Honestly, you could go to town here. Dried fruit, peanut butter, caramel, chocolate chips, nuts, Oreos...
- Timing is everything
I baked these Jaffa Cake Brownies for 20 minutes but checked them after 15. Too long in the oven and there will be no oozing chocolate to salivate over so keep a close eye. Check out this article for an amazing visual of how to tell if brownies are undercooked, done or overcooked.
When you've made the perfect brownie batter, pour half of it into a cake tin and add a layer of Jaffa Cakes.
Add the remaining brownie mix and top with even more Jaffa Cakes for the ultimate Jaffa Cake Brownies!
Follow these top tips and you will end up with the gooiest, fudgiest, tastiest brownies you've ever put in your mouth.
Just LOOK at how fudgy they are!
More Tempting Chocolate Recipes
- Chocolate Orange Cake
- Mini Egg Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Bark
- Kinder Cake
- Easter Egg Cheesecake
- Chocolate Orange Profiterole Tower
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 200 g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs, or 4 medium eggs
- 100 g caster sugar
- 150 g dark brown soft sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100 g plain flour
- .5 tsp salt
- 75 g cocoa powder
- 18 Jaffa Cakes
- Preheat oven to 180ºC / 160ºC Fan/ Gas 4/ 350ºF
- Line a square 20cm baking tin with baking parchment
- In a saucepan set over a low heat melt together the chocolate and butter. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the eggs, caster sugar and brown sugar. Mix until light and frothy.
- Stir the vegetable oil in to the melted chocolate.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the large mixing bowl. Stir the ingredients together in large looping movements until the mixture is dark and combined.
- Add the flour, salt and cocoa powder to the mixing bowl and fold together very gently until you can no longer see white streaks of flour.
- Tip half of the mixture into the baking tin and add a layer of 9 Jaffa Cakes. Repeat.
- Bake for 20 mins. Checking for doneness after 15 mins. A skewer inserted into the brownies should not be wet but won't come out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin before turning out and cutting into 9 slices.
- Take care not to overmix when you get to the chocolate and flour steps.
- Do not overcook. Check for doneness after 15 minutes of baking.
- Storage: Jaffa Cake Brownies will keep for 4-5 days in an airtight container. Suitable for freezing up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 581Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 19gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 5gSugar: 17gProtein: 6g